Friday, March 20, 2009

LISA'S SHOPPING MI-5

I said: I’ve been shopping a lot this week, so this week’s 5 is inspired by several of the stores I have been to:

1. TJ MAXX – I have no idea what the “TJ” in TJ Maxx stands for. Do know of someone who goes by his/her initials, instead of his/her full name? What is their full name? Why do they prefer initials? Tell us a little bit about this person.

My first thought was TJ Kierstead. He was (is) a friend of Billy Rhythm's. In high school, TJ and my brother and I think another guy had planned on all going to some sort of high school prom together. At the last minute, TJ's date backed out, and I got nominated as the replacement. I was quite a bit older than TJ, but I always loved to dance, so decided to "help" out. I grabbed a bridesmaid's dress from my closet (it was probably the one I wore to Ronda's wedding), and off we went. It was actually kind of fun. I think that the "T" in "TJ" stands for Thomas, but I'm not sure what the "J" stands for. I believe his dad's name is also Thomas, so I'm guessing he used "TJ" to differentiate himself from his Dad.

2. TARGET – Tell us a story about target practice, hunting, or some sort of “shooting” activity.

In the late 80s, I dated a guy who took me to his cousin's house. His cousin lived way out in the boondocks somewhere, I think maybe around Bangor. We left at 0 Dark 30 in the AM, and when I got there, everyone in the house was still asleep. I was left to sleep on the living room couch (at a place where I had never been, with people I had never met) while my boyfriend and his cousin went out to hunt. When they got back (after what seemed to be HOURS AND HOURS), they talked me into shooting at a can with an 8mm. I was actually a fairly good shot, but I was absolutely traumatized by the whole thing. I hated the noise. I hated the feeling in my arm when I pulled the trigger. I hated the idea I had shot a gun. It was the first and only time I had shot a gun, and I hope to never shoot another one.

3. DOLLAR TREE – What’s the best bargain going nowadays? Is there anything you buy that is really only $1.00 (or less)?

Are they any bargains out there anymore? Actually, I found a really, really good one yesterday at Big Lots. I picked something up as an Easter gift for Dwane, and it cost me $2.00. It's absolutely amazing, and the perfect gift. Even my Mom says so.

4. BIG LOTS – What would your perfect house lot look like? Would it be big? Smaller, with less lawn care? Water feature? Stone wall? Fenced in yard? Wooded?

I'd love to own lots of land, so that I don't have to worry about neighbors cutting down trees or building something to obstruct any view I might have. If I was rich, I'd love lots of lush flower gardens, and probably a big vegetable garden, too. I'd need to be rich to hire a gardener! I'd love a stone wall, and a babbling brook with a footbridge over it. I'd like Mom to be my neighbor on one side, and I'd like my entire family to be nearby.

5. WENDY’S – When you have an “all-day” excursion planned, do you prefer to sit down and eat a meal at a restaurant, or do you prefer a drive-through type experience in order to save more time for other activities?

I think I'm, for the most part, a fast-food type of girl. Mostly, I guess, because it's cheap. Usually, if you are going to sit down to enjoy a meal, it costs more money. I'm all about feeding a family of 4 for $12. I'd really like to be able to afford fine dining, though. The finest I get now is Red Robin, Old Country Buffet, or Cracker Barrel. I've heard some good things about Carabba's, and I'd love to try that some day. (Of course, there's not even one close to me, so that will be difficult.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts