Friday, October 24, 2008

A CALL TO PRAYER

I'm not going to get very specific here, as I have not (at least as of yet) been asked to make this prayer request public. I have a friend whose relative fought cancer a couple of years ago. She is now fearful that the cancer may have returned. They are not sure yet, as she needs to undergo some more testing before they now for sure. Obviously, she's scared. And so is my friend. Please pray for them. And, friend, if you are reading this blog, remember this: "I'm praying for you and your relative everyday, and I love ya lots!"

I follow the "Confessions of a CF Husband" blog. (I don't know how to put links on my blog yet, so I'll have to ask my brother to add this one--as well as Amy's and Mr. Gundy's.) Anyway, this guy's wife has cystic fibrosis. (One of my best friends in school, Carol Ackley, died of CF.) While awaiting a double lung transplant, Trisha got pregnant. The baby was delivered way, way too early, but is now thriving. Trisha got her new lungs, but the anti-rejection drugs caused some sort of lymphoma in her new lungs. Treatment is not working, and things do not look good. This family needs prayer, too. (They are in North Carolina.)

The main reason I'm putting this on my blog, besides the obvious request for you all to pray, too, is to remind us all to pray for people when we say we are going to. When someone presents a prayer request to us, we need to not just tell them that we will, but we really need to do it. So, right now, why don't you take a minute and pray for that person that asked you to pray for them.

1 Comments:

Blogger CFHusband said...

Thank you.

11:02 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts