Tuesday, September 09, 2008

THIS WEEK'S WEIGH-IN

Horror of horrors! For the first time since starting First Place 4 Health at the beginning of the summer, I have gained.

This week: .4 pound gained

Net Weight Loss - 21.8 pounds

This is bad news, obviously, but at the same time, there is a silver lining. Since my last weigh-in, I had been on vacation. Sonic. Golden Corral. Cracker Barrel. All of my favorites. When I got home from vacation, I was up 3 whole pounds. So, in a week, I really lost 2.6 pounds, but I was still up from the last weigh in.

This week, I'm trying walking instead of doing DDR. I took a one-hour walk yesterday. However, I burned less than one-half of the calories that I burn while doing DDR. (I burn about 600 calories an hour with DDR!) I'm really trying to figure out that whole metabolism thing, and I think that maybe with DDR, I am burning enough calories to need to eat more calories. Maybe that's why I had been losing only 1 pound a week, when I'd really like to lose 2 pounds a week. It just doesn't make sense, though, to say, "I've been losing 1 pound a week. Therefore, I am going to exercise less and/or eat more, so I can lose 2 pounds a week." I get it, and I don't get it. I go to the doctor's on Thursday, and I'm going to ask the PA what she thinks about it all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts