Friday, August 15, 2008

JIM'S "THE I DON'T LIKE IT" MI-5

1. Is there a term or expression you dislike?

This week, it's "The fact of the matter is..." which is a favorite term/phrase of my boss. I don't think that she even realizes how much she says it. Sometimes it's actually kindda cute and funny, and other times it drives me nuts.

2. A place you dislike?

Definitely the dentist. I'd rather have a pap smear and a mammogram (even on the same day) than have to go to the dentist.

3. A food or cuisine you dislike?

Vegetables, of course. I definitely don't hate them, but besdies corn, cucumbers, and potatos, I could go without them. I could say I don't like Indian food, or sushi, or Thai food, but I've never tried it. I think I'm afraid to.

4. A social situation you dislike?

I think I'm pretty sociable for the most part, so I don't know if there's anything I dislike about it. Perhaps being overly emotional in public is something I don't like about myself sometimes. I mean, it's ok with people I know, but Mom and I are going to a banquet next month, and Dad will be "honored" to a certain extent. I'm a little nervous about being overly emotional in front of those people, as I've only really just met them. I'm afraid they'd think "Will she just get over it already? It's been 3 years!!". I'll never get over it.

5. A memory you could stand to forget?

Definitely the house fire and my Dad's illness. I don't want to forget my Dad, obviously, but his suffering is something I'd like to forget. And, the house fire still haunts me, although I did learn how stuff is just stuff. Although, maybe I didn't really learn that, as my house is full of it now. I wonder if my accumulation of stuff is the little girl in me trying to reclaim what was lost. Ok. I'm getting way too psychological for myself.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I use to hate the dentist too until I found my new dentist. I like him and it doesn't hurt that he is kinda cute and really friendly :)

12:05 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Dad's been gone 6 years and sometimes it still hurts. My cousin told me when my father had just died that I would never really get over it. Since his Dad had been gone for nearly 20 yrs and he still missed him nearly every day. So I don't think you're alone in this.

And one more thing... who cares what people think? If you are feeling some emotions for your Dad during this event, good for you. Tears are underrated. :-)

-aza-

3:41 PM

 
Blogger Billy Rhythm said...

What banquet?

4:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts