Tuesday, June 03, 2008

EBEN'S CONCERTS

Ok. I have now received the "official" end-of-year school calendar. Here's the scoop on Eben's concerts:

Monday, June 9, 6:30 PM - Band concert. Eben will be playing a saxophone duet with his cousin, Bailee. They are playing "Smoke on the Water". I do have to say that I think the St. George Band is really, really good. They are much better than my school band when I was that age.

Tuesday, June 10, 6:30 PM - Chorus concert. This is the concert where Eben will be singing a solo part on "Boondocks" by Little Big Town. He's singing "Give me a tin roof, a front porch, and a gravel road." When I was in 5th grade, I was singing "Erie Canal". Now they get to sing Little Big Town stuff. I probably would of stayed in chorus if I got to singing cool stuff like that.

I have no idea why they didn't do these on the same night. As busy as end-of-school-year activities make us all, and in light of the gas prices, you'd think they could combine these two musical events.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts