Friday, May 23, 2008

AMY'S NATURAL DISASTER MI-5

Amy says: The Santa Cruz mountains are burning - I live not far from them and the smoke yesterday was crazy thick in the morning. That is my inspiration for this weeks MI-5:

1. What is the worst natural disaster you have personally experienced?

Other than occasional power outages, I really haven't been affected by natural disasters. The Patriot's Day Storm of 2007 I guess was pretty bad, and I've lived through a couple of blizzards, but really nothing too terrible.

2. You were forced to evacuate your home. When you are finally allowed back your house sustained fire damage- but isn't a complete loss. What one room do you hope remained untouched by the fire and why?

The new computer room that Dwane built. All of my scrapbooks and pictures are there. My next choice would be my bedroom, where I have my jewelry and some other family heirlooms given to my by my grandmother.

3. The smoke was so thick yesterday morning until the wind shifted that the sun was shrouded and actually cast an eerie orangish glow over things. Tell us about something or an experience that gave you an eerie feeling.

The first thing that comes to mind is my first date with Jesse back in 1991. We had gone to a Talleys concert (Southern Gospel) in Bangor, and on the way home, the moon was blood red. As Jessie and I are both Christians, it started a coversation about end times, and it gave me goosebumps.

4. Lots of people are discending on the small town of Corrilitas CA to offer support. The small general store has become a makeshift command center where people gather for support and information. Does your community have a place that everyone would gather at? Where would it be?

My Aunt Ginny will probably kill me for my response, but I really have no idea. There is probably some sort of shelter around here, but I don't know where. I guess my church might be a place for gathering--several people gathered there for prayer right after 9/11.

5. I love to cook, but in my wake the kitchen looks like a tornado hit it! What is something you love to make and eat but only do it on certain occassions because preparation or clean-up is a hassle?

This one is easy!!! Definitely fried shrimp. I love it, but it's a pain to dredge all those tiny shrimp in flour, dunk 'em in the batter, and then fry them. And of course, there's the splattering oil, the greasy paper towels, and all the other mess. I have about 8 pounds shrimp in the freezer to fry, but keep putting it off because of the mess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts