Tuesday, May 27, 2008

MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND WRAPUP

Wow! What a busy Memorial Day Weekend we had! Let's see how much I can remember...

On Friday night, we went to the movies. Dwane and Eben went to see the new Indiana Jones movie (which was declared AWESOME!) Alice and I went to see "Baby Mama". I would call this movie "cute". I was really in the mood for some big belly laughs, and didn't get that, but it was still a fun movie. I just think it could've been made funnier. What was funny was my pants when I left the movie. At Flagship, you now add your own butter to the popcorn. When you squirt it, it trickles down on one popcorn kernal. I wasn't coordinated enough to actually push down on the "squirter" and move the box of popcorn around at the same time, which would have provided greater coverager. Instead, I just put about six squirts on the popcorn. When I got to the bottom of the box, I had popcorn soup. The popcorn was swimming in butter. Literally. When I stood up, I found butter stains on my jeans, from my waist, all the way down to my ankles. Despite my best efforts at spot-treating the stains, and washing immediately, I now have spotted jeans. Great!

On Saturday morning, we went to Funtown. It was the first time I had ever been there. It was a fun day, but a long one. Funtown has nothing on Busch Gardens or King's Dominion, but when you compare the cost, I think it was a good buy. We were there for about 6 hours and did about everything but the log flume ride (too cold). At Busch Gardens, you'd have a very, very difficult time getting everything in in one day. Busch Gardens is much more modern, and Funtown could use some serious updates (especially the Galaxie Coaster--which looked scarey). The Excalibur Wood Coaster was fun, and I had my eyes open for almost the entire ride. This is something I am very proud of--the first time I went on a coaster (The Loch Ness Monster at Busch Gardens) I had my eyes closed for the whole ride. I do much better now. We stopped at the Maine Mall on the way home for supper, and we got home about 10:45 PM.

Sunday was church in the morning, then lunch at Mom's. It was a very good lunch (roast pork, prime rib, garlic smashed red potatoes, homemade bread, yummy bars), but Billy Rhythm and his family were unable to come because Matthew was sick. We ran some plates up to them after lunch. At church Sunday night, Julia and Matthew were baptized. It was a wonderful service, and I cried through pretty much the whole thing, which was to be expected. I got some good shots on my camera, and I hope that they come out well. (I have a shot of Julia actually IN the water. Those of you who have been to a baptism know how long you are actually under, so it's amazing that I was able to capture it.)

Yesterday, we had to have Eben in Tenants Harbor by 8:30 AM for the parade. He marched with the Boy Scouts. Dwane's Dad and Step-Mom, and Dwane's Mom and Significant Other, came over from the L/A area, and Mom joined us there, too. It was a short parade, but nice. We had a cookout late morning. Mom had to work, but Ma and Aunt Ginny were able to join us. Pretty much a traditional cookout, but I did have a crockpot full of baked beans. They were just Bush's Grilling Beans (the Steakhouse varietyh) with some browned stew beef added. Everyone raved about them. Personally, my favorite was Ma's deviled eggs, which I could've made a meal of. The American Flag cake for dessert was good (white cake, white frosting, and then blueberries and sliced strawberries to make a flag). The watermelon was horrible, and we through it away. What a waste of $7!!!!

Guess that wraps it up...I haven't proofread this. I've got to go put some potatoes on for supper (to go with the baked ham), and I don't have time to look for typos.

1 Comments:

Blogger Billy Rhythm said...

The popcorn was "literally" swimming? Wow! Also, Thomas was baptized--Matthew is still a little young! :-)

12:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts