Friday, May 09, 2008

CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE MI-5

Billy Rhythm says: "This MI-5 was inspired by a recent batch of absolutely, outrageously yummy chocolate chip cookies my beloved wife recently made. Yum!"

1) Flour is one of those basic ingredients that's used in just about every staple we eat. What's a staple in your life? What is that makes you tick? What's that thing that gets you out of bed in the morning.

There are several. First is my devotion time in the morning. When I get up, I feed the animals, and then do some Bible study before I do anything else. Right now, I'm still working through "Captivating" by John & Stasi Eldredge, and I've also started "Unveiling Mary Magdalene" by Liz Curtis Higgs. My family (both immediate and extended) is another thing that makes me tick and gets me out of bed in the morning.

2) Sugar. Not only is it an ingredient, but it's often used as a pet name for a loved one. Share with us a pet name you've used towards someone you love/loved.

I haven't used a lot of pet names in the past, other than the normal "dear" or "honey". Once in a while, I'll throw in a "Sweetie". I have been called "Babycakes", "Beautiful", and the ever-romantic "Lisa Marie Batty Wight" (which is said, in love, when he is totally exasperated with me). Ok---now that I've read Aunt Ginny's post, I realize that I could've told you my pet names for my kids. I call Eben "Punkinhead", although I use it much more rarely now that he is getting older. Caleb is called "Sweet Boy" or "Honey Punkin".

3) You go to a restaurant for breakfast, and the item you order comes with "two eggs, any style." What style do you pick? Why?

In a restaurant, I usually order scrambled eggs, because then I know that they will arrive cooked. While I like a runny yolk, I cannot handle an undercooked white (because of the look of it), so I play it safe and order scrambled eggs. If I am making my eggs myself, I usually make them poached, with butter and salt. Yum. Is it time for breakfast?

4) I'm not much of a baker, but I think there's baking soda in chocolate chip cookies. With summer soon upon us, some of us may start drinking more soda. Is there some beverage that you like to drink especially in summer?

Without a doubt, ice tea. At home I drink whatever brand I can find that is decaffeinated and low-cal. I also love Southern-style ice tea, and I am so glad that our McDonalds is now offering that for $1!

5) Sandra Boynton says there are two kinds of people: those who are the chocolate sort, and those who are of the jellybeans. Which kind of person are you?

Most definitely chocolate. I do not care for jellybeans, even the JellyBelly chocolate kind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts