Tuesday, October 16, 2007

WHAT'S NEW? NOTHING MUCH.

I am disastrously close to making Aunt Ginny's Bad Blogger List, so I thought I'd better post something...and quick. So, I thought I would give you a Weekend Wrap-up ala Billy Rhythm.

Let's start with Friday. I went to Mom's house to have a rotisserie chicken sandwich. It was sooo good. Mom had spent most of the morning mopping up after "Ebbie's Room" leaked yet again---even after all of the work she had done on it this spring. Apparently, the gutters had not been cleaned out on the back side of the house, so the heavy rain we had Friday morning decided to come inside. What a mess. Mom's a trouper, though, and spent 45 minutes in that pouring rain cleaning out her gutters. Dwane came home a little early so that we could eat the pot roast that I had cooking in the crockpot. (I love to make it with a mixture of cream of mushroom soup and dry onion soup mix. Just dumpt it on top on the roast, and add your veggies. Very yummy.) Dwane left to drive a taxi, and I think I just stuck myself in front of the computer again, playing TriJong. I think I was in bed by 9:00 PM.

Dwane had to work at the Samoset early Saturday morning. He got in from taxi at 2:20 AM, and had to be at the Samoset by 7:00 AM. The kids and I went into town to have lunch with him at Burger King, and then we headed home to get ready for the Cub Scout Raingutter Regatta at 3:00 in T. Harbor. We got home to have some Tony's Pizza (to which I added hamburger and onion), and Dwane was out the door again. That night, I spent time scrapbooking and then watching the Nascar Race. Bobby Labonte did well throughout most of the race, but then an ill-timed pit stop created at 12th or 14th place finish.

On Sunday morning I got a call from Ma that she wasn't feeling well. Since she was scheduled to teach Mom's Sunday School Class (because Mom is on her bustrip to Ohio), I filled in. I also had to fill in playing the piano for Sunday School, which is not a favorite thing for me to do. I killed one song, but my brother was very forgiving, and we all got through it just fine. I did love teaching Sunday School again, though. I didn't realize how much I missed it. Maybe I'll be able to teach again sometime soon. Sunday lunch was at home. We took the leftover pot roast, heated it up, and ate it on a hoagie roll with provolone cheese. That was really yummy, too. I had a nap in the afternoon, and then it was off to church again. After church, we drove around trying to find something for supper. I had planned to make Caramel French Toast, but I hadn't read the entire recipe first, and it was a dish that needed to be chilled for 7 hours. That wasn't going to work. We ended up getting take and bake pizzas from Pik Qwik in Thomaston. I think that pizza is my very favorite (or tied with Papa John's). I added hamburger, onion, and bacon to a cheese pizza, and it was amazing. Pizza two nights in a row, but no one complained.

Yesterday, I met my Aunt Jo, her sister Tina, and friend Ronnie (who were all visiting from Concord, NH) at China Coast. I really enjoyed chatting with them, and it was good to see Ma up and eating. It reassured me that she was indeed feeling better. (You're not the only one who worries, Ma!) I had a scrapbooking class last night, and they are always fun. Alice's cheeseball was devoured in no time. There wasn't even any left for me to take home!

Now I sit here anticipating breakfast. I've created a new sort of concoction for my breakfast: two eggs scrambled with a little milk, then topped with shredded pepper jack cheese. I then put it in a heated tortilla shell. Yum! It's a good thing my cholesterol is ok, or I'd be in trouble.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts