Wednesday, October 03, 2007

MY TRAVEL MI-5

As I am away traveling this week, I thought I would do a little “Travel MI-5”.

1. My sweetie and I are going to Bar Harbor on an overnight. If you were to plan a realistic overnight getaway for your sweetie or a best friend, what would it be? Where would you go? Where would you stay? Where would you eat? Any special activities?

Well, we didn't make it to Bar Harbor. Fifty percent of our child care had illness in the family, so it was a no go. If I was going to plan another trip, I think I might think about Old Orchard Beach. I have never been on the beach. (Went to a Celine Dion/Michael Bolton concert back in 1994 at the ballpark.) Since I really love amusement park places, I think OOB would be a nice place to combine a romantic beach with an amusement park. Since I've never been there, I'm not really sure of the details. Dwane took me to a B&B in June, and I really enjoyed that, so it might be nice to stay at a B&B. I'm sure we would have to find a place to eat fried seafood for supper.

2. My family and I are going to Virginia for a long-weekend. If you were to plan a realistic long-weekend getaway for your immediate family, what would it be? Where would you go? Where would you stay? Where would you eat? Any special activities?

I think the long-weekend in Virginia is perfect for us. It's a great way to see family and combine it with pleasure activities, too. This particular weekend, we are renting a car with great gas mileage, and we'll see whether or not that is a good idea. Economically, I'm sure it will be. For our sanity, I'm not so sure. Normally, we stay at Dwane's sister's house, but since we will actually be in Williamsburg for most of the trip, instead of Lynchburg, we will be staying at the Days Inn, less than one mile from Busch Gardens. And speaking of Busch Gardens, that's where we'll be for two days. It's one of my favorite spots on the whole earth. We'll also be going to church (I love the Southern churches).

3. Have you ever read a novel set in an exotic locale? If so, tell us a little about it. Would you like to visit there?

I tend to not enjoy reading books that take place in other countries. I think it becomes burdensome to me to read through "local color". I like my reading to be easy and relaxing, not something I have to think about it. I did read a book once that was recommended by Kelly Ripa, when Regis & Kelly were actually doing a book club. It was set on a tropical deserted island. Imaginery, I think. The book was quite "raunchy", and was really just dumb. Other than that, the most exotic I have gotten is the Deep South during the Civil War. I did enjoy that.

4. When I go away, I really look forward to eating at restaurants that are not here where I live (Golden Corral, Sonic & Cracker Barrel). Are there similar restaurants that you like to frequent when you are away?

I guess I have pretty much answered my own question, huh? I also LOVE Biscuitville. They have an awesome fried chicken biscuit that is to do for. I also enjoy Chick-fil-a and Long John Silver's. Neither one of them have great food, but I like to go, simply because it's different.

5. I have only been to one Broadway show (“Cats”), and I would like to go to another. However, it would consist of quite a bit of travel to get there. Since I probably won’t be attending anytime soon, tell me something about a Broadway show. Have you ever been to one? Have you heard about one that peaks your interest? Is there a Broadway show that has music of which you are particularly fond? Do you hate even the thought of Broadway? Why?

When I was in 5th grade, Mr. Walton taught us some Broadway tunes for Vocal Music. I remember some songs from Pippen, Grease, and Jesus Christ Superstar (I think). We learned "Beautiful City", "You're the One That I Want", and "Corner of the Sky". I sang all three of those to my boys as lullabies when they were babies. I still plan to watch the movies Chicago, Hairspray, and Dreamgirls when I get a chance. And, after watching so much American Idol, I'm learning what they mean by a "Broadway" voice. I get that. And, just as another note, while I somewhat enjoyed watching the Grease reality show this spring, I think the singers that one were so not worthy of the roles. JMHO.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts