Saturday, September 08, 2007

INDIAN SUMMER MI-5

Aunt Ginny says: "Traditionally, Labor Day marks the beginning of fall for most of us, even though it isn't "official" until later this month. Thought some Indian Summer questions might be in order."

1. Do you have a favorite outside activity at this time of year? What? Tell us about it.

I would like to have "planting bulbs" as my favorite outdoor activity. I get all excited about seeing bulbs in the stores and imagining all of the beautiful flowers I could have in the springtime. Unfortunately, however, I hate to garden, mostly because I have no idea what I am doing or how to start. When I win the Megabucks, one of the first things I intend to do is hire a gardener. Since I don't plant bulbs, I'm not sure what my favorite activity is. Perhaps going for a walk.

2. What indicates to you that Indian Summer has arrived? Is it the weather? the date? something else?

I think it's the weather. It's that week that is really hot after we had been sure that summer was gone for good.

3. Now that we are between summer tourists and leaf-peepers, do you have any special last hurrah plans for this summer? Details?

No special plans. We thought we might be going to Loudon, NH for the NASCAR race as Dwane was supposed to be working there. We found out, however, that the Blue Angels are going to be Brunswick on the same weekend. Dwane's Dad is totally into aircraft, and since this may be the last time that the Blue Angels are in Brunswick, Dwane thinks he would rather that we go there.

4. What is your favorite season/time of year? Why? What is there about it?

I think there are things I like about every season but summer. I just don't like the heat, so I don't like the summer. I like the crisp, fresh air of spring. I like the anticipation of perhaps being "snowed in" in the winter, and I enjoy the first time you can ride to Rockland with the windows in the car down in the spring.

5. If you had no responsibilities like family, work, church, etc., how would you spend these last few days of summer? Why? Alone or with someone else?

I think I would go to Paris (assuming I was rich). If I was (were?) brave enough, and if I was (were?) single, I would go alone to just take in the sidewalk cafes, come and go as I wanted, and experience something really and truly different. The other thing I would like to do is go back to the Poconos (where we went on our honeymoon). If I went there, I would choose to not be alone, of course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts