Sunday, September 16, 2007

FLUTES & SPANISH POTTERY

I bought a flute yesterday. I got tired of looking for my good Armstrong Flute/Piccolo set, so I bought a cheapo Borg Flute at Sam's Club yesterday. With my level of playing, I'm sure it will be fine, at least for awhile. It took my just about 15 minutes to find myself "in the groove" with it, and I'm actually quite impressed with the amount of knowledge I retained after 5 years of not playing. There are still several notes that I still have to "look up", but for the most part, not bad. I'll never be a professional, but I can play enough to have fun, and that's what really counts.

When Dwane got home from driving the taxi at midnight last night, QVC was airing Spanish Pottery. Lo and behold! There was the pattern that I was looking for. Remember the Reba salt/pepper oil/vinegar set that I had been longing for??? I did find that on Ebay (and put a bug in Dwane's ear that I'd like it for Christmas), but QVC has all sorts of other pieces that match. I told Dwane that my next dream is to have a hutch and to buy pieces of that pottery to display in it. It's very expensive, so I wouldn't add to my collection often, but something about that pattern just "speaks" to my heart. Crazy, I know. I just love it. (But two coffee mugs cost $42!!!--guess that's what you pay for hand-painted stuff.) I don't know the name of the pattern, but if you want to see what it looks like, just type "Spanish Pottery" in the QVC search bar, and it will come up. The Sangria pitcher exactly matches the pattern that I like. It's close to the "Toledo" pattern, but not quite.

Ok. Ok. I did a little more research. It appears that the Spanish pottery collection that I like is called "Sol". Here's a link: http://atouchofspainllc.com/catalog/Default.aspx?cat=30 I have no idea how to really put in a link. I'll probably mess my page up again.

1 Comments:

Blogger Billy Rhythm said...

I would never have picked that pattern for you! It seems really wild and bold, and I wouldn't have figured you for it.

6:52 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts