Thursday, August 30, 2007

COUNTRY FAIR MI-5

1. Do you attend any country/agricultural fairs? If so, which one is your favorite? Why?

I wouldn't say that I attend any of the fairs regularly. In the past, I have been to both the Lobster Festival and the Union Fair. I prefer the Union Fair, mostly because it's easier to move. The Lobster Festival is so crowded, IMHO, that you can't even move from one spot to the other.

2. What is your favorite fair ride? Why?

All things considered, I would say the Tilt-a-Whirl is my favorite. Stays close to the ground, so potential injuries don't seem to be so bad, but you still get a fairly good thrill. I also like the Scrambler and the Swings.

3. What is your favorite fair food? Why?

I think the hand-cut fries are my favorite. Dwane will pay $6.00 to get into the Fair just so he can spend $4 on a Fried Dough. That's an expensive fried dough!!! Dwane was really hankering for one this year, so we spent about $60 at the Union Fair so that he could get one. Cotton Candy, Fried Dough, Candy Apples, and that kind of stuff doesn't really interest me a whole lot.

4. What is your favorite part of the fair overall? 4-H exhibits? Animals? Harness racing? Rides? Food?

I really enjoyed the animals at the Union Fair this year, and I also liked looking at the pictures of all of the former Blueberry Queens. I generally like to spend time looking at the craft exhibits, but with a husband and two boys, there is too much testosterone for me to spend much time there. I'll have to go with Mom next year, I guess.

5. How much money do you drop for your typical fair excursion?

As I mentioned before, we spent $60 at the Union Fair this year. That included admission, two slices of pizza, one small order of onion rings, one fried dough, 4 sodas, 3 rides for Caleb and 4 rides for Eben. That's it. No games. No souvenirs. Left with nothing but memories. We had a good time, but I think it's expensive fun.

2 Comments:

Blogger Billy Rhythm said...

I think $60 for a day full of fun, food, and rides sounds pretty cheap these days. How much would your family of four have to pay to go to a movie and eat all that grub? And would you enjoy it as much? Sure, there are cheaper things to do, like go for a picnic or something, but would the boys (and Dwane!) stay interested that long?

8:24 AM

 
Blogger Lisa said...

This is true, but when your weekly budget usually comes up $3.00 in the hole, $60 is a lot of money (which is why we don't go to the movies either).

4:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts