Friday, March 16, 2007

THE "TALENTED" MI-5

1. What do you feel is your greatest talent? Tell us about it. (Yes—I want you to brag a little bit.)

Honestly, I almost think of myself as a "jack of all trades, and master of none." I think I play the piano well, but I'm certainly not a master. I think I can organize church events fairly well (I think administration is my spiritual gift), but my house is a disaster area. I think I would say that probably piano playing is my greatest talent, simply because I have never really had a lesson, but can still play well enough to hold my own in church. I sometimes wonder what my piano playing might have been had I taken lessons for years. Someday, I'd still like to take lessons.

2. What one talent do you not have, but really wish you possessed? Why?

Oh--that one is easy. I would SOOO love to be able to sing. I would love to sing with Dwane. I would give my eye teeth to be able to sing with Unk. (Although I'm not really sure I could do it without crying.) I would love to be able to sing the melody, and also be able to sing the harmony.

3. Of all the celebrities out there, living or dead, who do you consider to be the most talented? Why?

This is a hard one for me. I think that someone that is a triple threat (sing, dance, act) is very talented. For example, Britney Spears does all three, but I don't think she does any of them exceptionally well, so I wouldn't pick her. But it would be someone that does do all three of them. I am most moved in my life by music, so I would maybe pick a singer/songwriter, instead of an artist. (I don't know how to really appreciate good art.) Hmmmm. I can't think of someone off the top of my head. I'll probably read some of the other responses today and think "duh!". I will update tihs if I think of someone....

4. Tell us about the most talented individual that you know personally. They don’t necessarily have to be talented in the creative talents. Intellectual talent will work too.

This one is easy! My brother, Bill. I have always been in awe of his talent. I believe he could literally pick up ANY instrument, and be able to play at least something with it. And, of course, the fact that he is the best drummer on the face of the planet is obvious. The other thing I really
admire about Bill is his ability to know at least SOMETHING about ANY topic you put out there. Art. Music. History. Wine. Anything.

5. If you watch American Idol, which of those talented kids do you think will win? Why? If you don’t watch that show, tell us anything else about talent that comes to your mind.

I love American Idol. Dwane and Eben like it too. My favorites this year are Jordin Sparks, Lakeisha, and Melinda Doolittle. I also like the beatbox guy, but I think he is more talented with the beatbox stuff than the actual singing. I think that perhaps Melinda is the most gifted vocally, but she is a professional singer (albeit backup) already. So, I guess I'm going to cheer for Lakeisha. If Sanjaya wins, I will be very sad. I fear, however, that the young girls really love him and that he will go much further than his vocal talent deserves.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the new look!!

I also will be sad if Sanjaya wins! I want Lakeisha to win AI!

12:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts