Monday, February 26, 2007

JOB

In Bible Study, our church has been studying the Book of Job. Dwane has been attending (so I stay home with the kids), but he often shares what he has learned when he comes home.

When I was doing my own Bible Study yesterday morning (Beth Moore's A Woman's Heart: God's Dwelling Place), I read a verse that I thought was very appropriate for those doing the Job study. (Those in the study have probably already meditated on it.) It really goes to WHY we have hard times. Here's the verse:

I Peter 1:6-7:

In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith--of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire--may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed.

This verse really made me think of the Collins family. Just think: Dad and the two children have a genetic form of cancer. Could there be a greater trial? Their faith is certainly being proved genuine. Because of that family's reaction to the suffering, how great their heavenly reward will be. I can't even imagine the total influence Jim has had on Christians and non-Christians alike.

While I certainly don't want to wish "suffering" or "trials" on myself, how I do wish that I could be a greater influence for God...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts