Thursday, March 15, 2007

Caleb's Heart

It's 11:00 at night. I walk into my bedroom to go to sleep. There is Caleb. Wide awake. Clutching his jammies by his chest. I asked him what was wrong, "My heart. I need to go to the doctors". My first thought is panic. He is so serious. He said he needs the doctor to listen to his heart with the stethoscope. I told him that if he laid down on the bed, I would listen to it. He laid down, pulled up his shirt, and I laid my ear on his chest. Sounds like a nice, strong, steady heartbeat to me.

Then he says "I need the doctor and the stethoscope. I heart is leaking." I'm still a little scared. "Your heart is leaking?" I asked? "Yes," he answers. "My heart is leaking because I don't have any friends."

That's pretty deep for a 4 year old.

2 Comments:

Blogger Billy Rhythm said...

Sounds like he needs a play-date over at my house! I know two boys who'd love to play with him!

8:55 AM

 
Blogger sizzle said...

oh my gosh! How lovely, sweet, and sad is that! it makes me want to give him a big ole hug!

9:54 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts