Wednesday, March 14, 2007

A Bunch of Almost Nothingness

I know. I know.

I haven't posted in forever.

Seems like I've been outstraight busy lately, and yet, I have nothing to tell you about at the same time.

Mom had one of her rib attacks last night, and I went to be with her around 11:30 PM or so. While I am not happy that she had a rib attack, I am so happy that she called me. I felt like Dad's ambassador. It made me feel very close to her, as well as being very close to Dad. I felt Dad with me, talking to me, on my drive to her house. Shoot. I'm crying again. (Thanks for calling me, Mom!)

Eben was sick on Saturday, and missed the Pine Wood Derby. I also needed to cancel a scrapbooking workshop at Mandy's house, but Mandy still went ahead and did it in my absence. Good job, Mandy! (I've "trained" my girls well, I guess.)

Dwane was in Washington, DC over the weekend, and details of his trip can be found over at Billy Rhythm's blog.

As far as my "diet" goes, I have lost about 8 pounds since Dwane's Colorado trip. Maybe I was nervous about him being gone or something. I don't know. I just didn't have the desire to eat as much, and to a certain extent, that's still the case. The other difference is that I have stopped exercising. It's been really busy with work, and the exercising was the first thing to go.

Dwane will be working a lot of weird hours during the next several weeks, so my supper menus will probably be all over the place. More than likely, I will be planning lots of prepared foods. I know that they are not healthy, but I hate to prepare a pot roast, or take out a steak for the grill, and then find out he won't be home for supper. So I tend to plan things that can be fixed very, very quickly. Just in case, though, I have planned a supper menu next week anyway. The meals may not actually go as planned, but I can always save them for another time:

Day 1: Homemade Fried Rice and Egg Drop Soup
Day 2: Waffles, Grits with Pepper Jack Cheese, Bacon
Day 3: Lasagna, Garlic Toast
Day 4: Oven Fried Chicken and Pasta Salad

It's amazing that I have been so busy, and yet there is so little to talk about....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts