Wednesday, February 14, 2007

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY

Here's the rundown of Valentine's Day gifts in our home:

Caleb got three cars to add to his Disney Cars collection: LeakLess, Brand New Mader, and Hamm.

Eben got a new light sabre (yes! another one!).

Dwane got some long johns (for his upcoming Colorado Ski trip next week) and the first season of Smallville on DVD.

I got a wedding band to go with the ring Dwane bought me for our 12th anniversary this past December. It has four stones, each 1/4 carat. The stones sit right next to each other, and it is curved ever so slightly to fit with my three-stone ring. Three carats on one finger!!!! I can't believe it!!! The jewelry store Dwane worked with, www.BlissDiamond.com, certainly has exceeded expectations. I would definitely recommend them.

After opening my ring, I gave the ring box to Caleb. (He's into treasure right now, you know.) I told him he could put his "treasure ring" in it. He was so excited, and he gave me a big hug. Several minutes later, he came back and said, "I have a present for you." I took the ring box, opened it, and told him that the ring was beautiful. (Just to get a feeling for the scene, it was a plastic butterfly ring, mostly lime green, with a type of "rainbow irridescence" ((or however you spell that.))) Anyway, he then said, "Will you marry me?" I answered, "Yes, Caleb, I would love to marry you." He took the ring out, put it on my finger, and leaned over and kissed me on the lips. I'm not sure where he obtained such a knowledge of weddings, but it was priceless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts