Saturday, March 24, 2007

JIM'S SITUATIONAL MI-5

1. You are at a busy clothing store and you take something into the changing room. You notice far under the seat in there a 5 dollar bill. Someone was just in the room before you and they are just outside. What are your thoughts of this situation and what do you do?

For me, the key here was that it was "far under" the seat. This would leave me to believe that it was not left by the person who just left the changing room. Therefore, I would keep it. If, however, it was out in the open, so to speak, I would ask if someone had lost it. I probably wouldn't think to ask them to identify it--I would just hold it out and ask "Is this yours?"

2. You and a close friend try this new restaurant. It is very popular and filled with people. The service ends up being slow, the order is wrong and the food is not cooked right and has to be sent back. Even when they bring it back it is not really right. There is no apology or effort made to adjust the bill. When they bring it (the check) you notice they have made a huge error in your favor. How do you handle this?

I would probably assume that they had made an adjustment for the poor service, and I would pay the discounted price. If, however, the service and food were really, really bad, I would ask Dwane to ask for us to get it for free. In all actuality, though, Dwane would probably do that anyway, without my asking him to. (Help! My young child is sick, and I need to get home IMMEDIATELY!)

3. You are somewhere in public when you see a lady you used to work with a year ago. You recall that this lady was having children when you worked with her and it appears as though she is pregnant again. You say hi and then say "oh I didn't know you were pregnant again..." and her response is "I am not". What do you say now?

I did this once. I asked someone when she was due, and she said the baby was born 4 months ago. I could've died! I don't remember how I got out of that one, but I'll never forget the embarassment. I KNEW that she was expecting a baby, but had lost contact with her and didn't realize the baby had been born. She was seated at the table, so my comment really wasn't about her size--just a curiosity question. But I how could she not have been offended? She was very gracious, though. And I won't ever, ever, do that again.

4. You are parking in a tight spot and accidentally tunk someones car. You can't see any damage. Do you leave a note or anything?

If I see no damage, I do not leave a note.

5. A person you used to be good friends with shows up in your life again after having gone through a huge personal crisis over the past few years. They invite you and your friends to come hear their new band. You recall this person always played in great bands and you agree to this and talk up this person to all your friends. The night of the show the new band is terrible and your friend seems to have lost their ability to play. You are embarrassed and your friends are all having a horrible time and want to leave early. The band is just terrible and they play music you all hate. The band takes a break and your friend comes down to see you obviously looking for some support and your thoughts on the band and music. You can see your friends are going to leave. What do you do now?

Honestly, I've read a couple of other responses, and I like those answers. I think that I am most in tune with what Aunt Ginny said (hopeful that I was in a separate vehicle).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts