Friday, December 08, 2006

The Toy MI-5

1. What was your favorite toy as a child? (It doesn’t necessarily have to be a Christmas present, although if it was, please specify.)

I think really enjoyed playing Barbie most as a child. I had lots of Barbies, along with a camper, airplane, townhouse, etc., etc. I remember setting them all up in our living room, and my stuff would pretty much go around the whole perimeter. I also really enjoyed playing Payday at Renita's house, and I liked going to Ma's house to play Aunt Ginny's piano (if you can even call that a toy).

2. Was there a toy you wanted very badly as a child, but never received?

The only one I can remember is Baby Wet N Care. She drank a bottle, peed, and then got diaper rash. You had to put a special something on her butt to get rid of the rash. Renita and I wished for one the same year. I could have sworn that when I was peeking around in my parents' closet, that I saw that doll in there. I was certain that I was going to get her. I did get a doll for Christmas, but it wasn't that one. Looking back, it was much, much better. Her name was Amy. Mom made her tons of clothes, and I loved her much more than I would have ever loved a doll with a rashy butt.

3. What toy does your child want most for Christmas? Why do they want it so bad? (If you don’t have a child of your own, you could “borrow” someone else’s.)

When I asked Eben this question this morning, his response was a 1:24 scale Bobby Labonte autographed diecast car. Of course, the reasons why are very obvious. (He's not getting it.) When I asked Caleb, he said he wanted a "present". I asked him what kind of present. He said "a toy." I asked him what kind of toy. "A rocket. A big rocket. That would be cool." I don't know why he wants it. (He's not getting it.)

4. Is there a toy that your child wants very badly, but that you are unable, or simply refuse, to give?

I guess see #3 above. Eben's not getting his wish, again for very obvious reasons. It's hard to find a Bobby Labonte diecast car around here, let alone an autographed one. I refuse to pay $75 for a diecast car that I could get online (which would still be unautographed). Eben is getting a 1:24 scale car, but it's not Bobby Labonte (it's Dale Jr.) and it's not autographed (but I did bring him an autographed Bobby picture from TN).

And Caleb's not getting a rocket. Frankly, I didn't know he wanted a rocket. And since I've already finished shopping for him, he's not getting one (at least not from me).

5. If you were a child today, what toy would you most want?

Oh, gracious. I love toys. When I get extra money, I buy toys for my kids instead of clothes for myself. I know it would definitely be something girly, girly, girly. There's too much testosterone in this house. I think I'd really like to have another Barbie Townhouse. Especially if I could get my retro 70s one like I had as a child. I could actually get one on Ebay, for not too bad of a price, but I don't have any place to put it. (I have too many testosterone toys filling my space!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts