Saturday, November 11, 2006

My oven now no longer works. I cooked a pizza last night. 450 deg. 12 minutes. No problem. Excellent pizza. Shut the oven off. An hour later, I turned the oven back on to 300 deg. to brown the merinque on my banana pudding. Wouldn't preheat. I waited and waited and waited. Wouldn't preheat. Turned it off. Tried again. Nothing. Gas burners work. Broiler works. No oven. Dwane decided to take it all apart at 10:00 PM last night. While I was in bed, he triumphantly brings in some part to the bedroom and says he found the problem. He just needs to get a new whatever it was. Off he goes to work this morning at 6:00 AM. The stove is completely torn apart. So now I have no oven, no broiler, no stove top. Nice! And he works until probably 11:00 tonight, and all day tomorrow. Nice! And I am supposed to cook for the family tomorrow for Sunday dinner. Nice! Fortunately, though, I'm just making Supreme Nachos, so I can just cook my beef in the microwave, I guess. And since we eat at Mom's, the rest will be cooked in her oven anyway. So now I have a broken stove to go along with my nice new ice/water dispenser refrigerator that still isn't hooked up. I need to rent another husband every fall when Dwane gets busy. Dwane is so handy at so many things, but he's just so busy he can't do all of those things he's so handy at. Guess I'll keep him though. (Assuming he doesn't trade in my van for that new truck.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts