Monday, May 04, 2009

A GROWN-UP SURVEY

1. What bill do you hate paying the most?
The cable bill. It just seems to be so high.

2. Where was the last place you had a romantic dinner?
Oh, man. I don't know that I remember. Lately, all of the "dates" Dwane and I have had have been going to doctor's appointments. We usually grab fast food. Our last "real" date?? Applebee's for our wedding anniversary in December, 2008.

3. What do you really want to be doing right now?
Paying close attention to Dancing with the Stars while sitting in my comfy chair.

4. How many colleges did you attend?
2--Husson in Bangor, and the University of Maine at Thomaston.

5. Why did you choose the shirt that you have on right now?
It's comfy, lightweight, but has long sleeves. Good for that not quite warm, but not quite cool weather.

6. What are your thoughts on gas prices?
It's certainly better than last summer, but I hate to see it start climbing back up again.

7. First thought when the alarm went off this morning?
"Oh, no. Is it really time to get up??? If I could only have 10 more minutes." I guess I need to learn to use the snooze button. Usually, I'm wide awake long before it's time to get up.

8. Last thought before going to sleep last night?
I feel asleep during Desperate Housewives, so it was probably something about the show. Don't remember.

9. Do you miss being a child?
Absolutely. I'd love to be a Senior in high school again. Is that "child" enough?

10. What errand/chore do you despise?
I never dust, so maybe that's what I despise. I also hate trying to clean the kitchen floor. It doesn't seem to matter what I do, it never looks clean. I get tired of putting away things, too. It seems like I get things picked up, and then it's all pulled out again. Seems pointless at times.

11. Get up early or sleep in?
Get up early, although I'd love to be able to sleep in.

12. Have you found real love yet?
Yes.

13. Favorite lunch meat?
Roast Beef

14. What do you get every time you go into Wal-Mart?
A couple of gallons of water.

15. Beach or lake?
Well, you can have a beach at a lake or the ocean. I'd rather swim in a lake, but I'd rather live by the ocean.

16. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual?
No. Absolutely not. However, I am afraid that America is beginning to think it's just a ritual.

17. Sopranos or Desperate Housewives?
Desperate Housewives. I don't have HBO, so the Sopranos aren't even an option. Desperate Housewives is a guilty pleasure for me.

18.What famous person would you like to have dinner with?
Jesus, of course!

19. Have you ever crashed your vehicle?
No, but I have been crashed into 2x - once by a deer, and once by a young man who was parked in front of me in a driveway. He backed up into my parked car.

20. Ever had to use a fire extinguisher for its intended purpose?
No.

21. Ring tone?
Just your basic generic ring.

22. Strangest place you have ever brushed your teeth?
The kitchen???

23. Somewhere in California you've never been and would like to go?
Amy's house!!!

23. Do you go to church?
Twice on Sundays, and Ladies Bible Study on Wednesday AMs.

24. At this point in your life would you rather start a new career or a new relationship?
A new career. Being a paralegal is not my "dream job", but I'm not really sure what my "dream job" is.

25. How old are you?
40

26. Do you have a go-to person?
Yes. A couple.

27. Are you where you want to be in life?
For the most part. I wish I had a little more financial security, but other than that, ok I guess.

28. Growing up, what were your favorite cartoons?
Superfriends, The Flintstones, The Jetsons, Johnny Quest.

29. What about you do you think has changed the most?
My emotions. I am not as soft as I used to be.

30. Looking back at high school were they the best years of your life?
The best years have been being a Mom. I LOVED high school, though.

31. Are there times you still feel like a kid?
I always feel like a kid. I'm still waiting to be a "grown up".

32. Did you ever own troll dolls?
No.

33. Did you have a pager?
I had one for a brief time. Dwane had one for one of his jobs, and when he got a new job, he was assigned a pager. I used the old one until the contract expired.

34. Where was the hang out spot when you were a teenager?
Alice's house.

35. Were you the type of kid you would want your children to hang out with?
Yes.

36.Who do you think impacted your life the most?
My parents. Jesus. Ruth Shive.

37. Was there a teacher or authority figure that stood out for you?
Mr. Borgerson--my 5th & 6th grade teacher. Mr. Andrews, Mr. Ebert, and Miss Curran--high school business teachers. I really loved all of my teachers. I tended to be a teacher's pet.

38. Do you tell stories that start with “when I was your age..."?
Sometimes. Not really to make the kids "feel guilty", but more to just share with them stories of my childhood--especially ones that relate to my Dad, as I want them to remember as much about him as they can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts