Friday, December 26, 2008

BELOVED'S MI-5

Beloved says: "Since it is the week before New Year's Day I thought we could do some reflecting on the past year."

1. What one unexpected joy did you discover?

That it is so liberating to go into McDonald's and order a side salad, a small fry, a 4-piece chicken mcnugget, and a diet soda. I cut up the mcnuggets to place on the salad, and it's really, really delicious. It's so nice to walk out of McDonalds feeling satisfied and with 500 less calories than I would have consumed 6 months ago. Hurray for small victories!

2. What two things would you have done differently? Why?

I really wish we could have found a way to use the camper this year. We have such an awesome camper, and it's a shame to not use it. I also wish that I had monitored Eben's homework better.

3. What were the three most significant events?

Let's see...the birth of my first counsin once removed, Sean Brian. The adoption of our dog, Benji. And hmmm...what else?? Oh, I know! I lost 30 pounds! That's pretty significant to me! (My lack of a mention here does not mean that something or someone was not significant or important to me.)

4. What four things did you do that were the most fun?

Going to Virginia on vacation (as always). Going to Women of Faith in Boston with the gals from church. All of the day trips with Mom. Oh, I know I'm forgetting something good here. I can't think. I really love all of the scrapbooking parties that I host, too.

5. What five things are you most grateful for?

My family (immediate and extended). My friends. My job, which allows me to stay at home to be with the kids, as well as work with my best friend, Mrs. Cheeseball. My home. And, most importantly, salvation through Jesus Christ.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts