Friday, November 28, 2008

PASTOR DAVE'S MI-5

1. What book do you most want to read before years end?

I picked up a book of four Christian novellas. I guess it would be good to finish that before the Christmas season ends. I think the book was called "A Bride for Christmas". I've read the first one, and it was really good.

2. What's the most humanly impossible thing you would like to see happen soon?

Well, I certainly think this is humanly impossible, but I also think it won't happen anytime soon: I'd like to be able to do that whole Star Trek "Beam Me Up Scotty" thing. I don't remember what it's called. Teleporting? I'd love to be able to just think about Virginia and be there, instead of driving 14 hours. And, sometimes when I'm feeling really selfish, the drive from home into town just seems to take an eternity. I'd love to snap my fingers and be at Wal-Mart or the grocery store.

3. What's the most important trip you want to take yet this year?

My trips to Virginia are always important! And, as Dwane's grandmother gets older, it becomes more important to try to get there every year.

4. What habit would you most like to establish in 2009?

The habit of eating less.

5. What single thing that you plan to do this year will matter most in ten years?

I think that my answer to #4 goes along with this one. My exercise habit is quite firmly established now (45-60 minutes, at least 6 days a week). However, I haven't really lost any weight since September/October, so I've really got to get on the ball with the healthier eating. I've really trying to find the balance of exercise/calorie intake, and that experimenting has really wreaked havoc on the whole weight loss thing. I found that when I was doing really rigorous exercise for an hour a day, and eating only 1400 calories, I wasn't losing at all. However, when I upped my calorie count a little, I seemed to lose more. Trying to find the right ratio of calories/exercise is proving to be difficult.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts