Friday, December 19, 2008

GINA'S CHRISTMAS MI-6

1. Did you believe in Santa Claus when you were a child?

I did until I was seven or so. I remember being at the dining room table and realizing that the handwriting on the Christmas gifts matched my Mom's handwriting. I put two and two together and "got it". Mom confirmed it for me. I was not devastated.

2. Does your town get decorated at Christmas? Tell us about the sights!

I don't think our "town" as a whole does any formal decorating. Certainly, there are houses around town that put lights up, and the Berry household up the road does a good job every year.

3. How many Christmas cards have you receive this year? How many Christmas cards do you send?

I've received 20 so far. About half came from church family members at the Sunday School Christmas Party, and the other half came in the mail. I think that the cards in the mail have seemed to be much slower coming this year than normal. I don't know if that means everyone is busy, and hasn't had a chance to do them yet, or if the economy is making people cut back on expenses. I sent out about 80 cards.

4. What does your family traditionally eat for Christmas dinner?

We have a "Thanksgiving" dinner for Christmas: Turkey, potato, stuffing, squash, turnip, onions, pie. My Mom cooks it all, and she does an awesome job. We always go back to Mom's for New Year's Day (prime rib & pork roast), and Sue and I usually contribute to that meal in some way. I usually bring dessert.

5. What is the best Christmas present you have ever gotten?

Oh, goodness. That's a hard one. I remember getting a diamond chip bracelet from my grandfather one year, and that was special. I know my Dad made me a toybox when I was little, which I still treasure, but I don't remember if that was for Christmas or not. I'm sure I'm forgetting something special.

6. If you could change something about Christmas time, what would it be?

I love all of the Christmas activities surrounding the holiday (parties, programs, caroling, shopping, etc.) but I do wish that we could spread all of the activities out over two months, instead of just one. There's always so much going on, and there's never time to do everything you want to. And, I've been so exhausted from everything this week that I'm sleeping like a log and having a hard time waking up in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts