Friday, November 14, 2008

BILLY RHYTHM'S WATCHING MOVIES MI-5

Billy Rhythm says: "This Five is not so much concerned with what kind of movies you like, but how you watch them!"

1) When you're at the theater, how do you want your atmosphere? Do you prefer old theaters or megaplexes? Full houses or intimate seatings? Lots of kids, or none at all?

I don't really care if the theater is old or new, as long as the seats are comfy and there is ample leg room. I prefer less of a crowd. If it's a kids' movie, I like lots of kids, because it makes me giggle when they laugh (like when an animal burps or something). For a non-kids' movie, I'd prefer no kids.

2) What's your "home theater" like? High tech? VCR and TV? What?

I think it's sort-of high tech. That's Dwane's department, and I honestly have no idea. I know we have this ginormous TV, which takes up tons of my living room. I prefer to just pop in a movie and lay in bed to watch it on the smaller bedroom TV.

3) We've probably all got DVD and VCR players, but how about alternative movie watching gadgets? Have you got an Apple TV? Ever watch a movie over the Internet?

We can watch a movie on the PS3 (including blue-ray, I think), and we also have a DVD player that will up-grade a regular DVD to a blue-ray. I've never watched a movie over the internet, but I have watched TV shows (like Heroes). Oh, yeah, we have a PSP, too, and you can buy these little discs of movies to watch on that.

4) Do you belong to a subscription movie rental service, like NetFlix? If so, how many movies are you renting a month? Are you happy with the service?

We used to subscribe to NetFlix. We watch tons of movies at first, but then it kind of "grew old". The service was fine. Now we use RedBox, and we love that. We probably rent 4 movies a month.

5) Share with us your ratio of buying movies to renting them. Do you rent more, or just outright buy your movies? Do you get DVDs, tapes, or movie downloads for your computer most frequently?

We do buy a lot of movies, which is a major contributor to all of our "junk". I don't buy a movie for myself unless it's one of those $4.88 jobs. Dwane buys movies as soon as they come out. We buy just DVDs now, and I've never downloaded a movie from the computer. We'll buy a little disc for the PSP if we find it on clearance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts