Thursday, January 31, 2008

LOTS OF DREAMS

I've been dreaming a lot the last couple of nights. I was blaming it on the Nyquil that I have been taking for this cold (which has lasted since New Year's weekend), but I didn't take any last night, and I still had a vivid dream.

Last night, I dreamed (dreamt? dreampt?). Let's start over. Last night, I had a dream about my cousin Sarah and her husband, Brian. In my dream, they were not married. They weren't married, because Brian was still married. His wife was "missing" and he had come to my boss for a divorce. The divorce was in process so that he and Sarah could get married. They, however, got tired of waiting, and went ahead and eloped. I couldn't believe what they had done! I was really reading them the riot act. Then they told me they were buying a house. I told them that they absolutely could not do that, because if they bought the house while Brian was still married to his missing wife, it would be marital property, and the missing wife would be entitled to one-half. After Sarah laughed it off, while flaunting her huge 6-carat diamond wedding ring, she said, "Not to worry. We found her. She's dead." This is very uncharacteristic of Sarah--as she is a very, very, very caring person. Apparently, the Sarah in my dreams had been temporarily blinded by the love of her man and her diamonds. Anyway, we all then went to visiting hours for Brian's now-found dead wife. I remember that Alice was there and she had brought a cheese ball with her to share with everyone. While we were at visiting hours, we all made plans for Sarah and Brian to renew their vows so that they could have a legal wedding.

The night before, I had several dreams. I'm not sure if they were separate dreams, or somehow tied in together. One involved Grammy's house and Gretchen. I don't remember anything else about it.

Dream #2 was not pleasant. It was about my Dad. In my dream, Dad was alive, but very sick. We (the entire family) had all had a dream about his upcoming death, and we all knew the day he was going to die. None of us would leave him. At one point, he stood up, but fell down soon thereafter. It was heartbreaking. Dad's eyes were always open, and it appeared that he understood everything we said to him, but he didn't speak. When I woke up I was really shaken up by the whole thing. I ended up crying and going back to bed with Dwane for a little bit so that he could give me a hug. And, Bill, I replayed that dream in my head over and over to see if Dad had said anything, but he didn't.

Dream #3 was about Melissa. She lived on Sesame Street. She had allowed Sesame Street to be in great disrepair, and to get into the buildings (Gordon & Susan's townhouse), you had to go up very rickety stairs, and you had to have great balance and coordination to get inside. When I finally made it up the stairs, there was an African American baby (maybe a year old) sitting on her kitchen counter. This baby had a full head of curly locks, and Melissa was putting geri-kurl (or some sort of styling gel) in the curls.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

What did you eat for Supper??!!!

9:30 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts