Saturday, April 14, 2007

NEXT WEEK'S MENUS

Seems like I'm not doing a whole lot of cooking lately. Dwane is working a lot of weird hours, and we are relying a lot on fast food. Either that, or he grabs something for supper at the Samoset, and I just eat some kind of processed food here at home. My body is starting to crave real food again.

I still have lots of menus left over, including the Chicken Fajita Skillet and Grilled Chicken. I'm making the new meatloaf for family dinner after church tomorrow. I know that meatloaf isn't my brother's favorite, but it's got salami in it, so maybe that will give him enough of a flavor rush that he'll be able to stand it. This same meatloaf recipe has come up in the recipe cycle 3 times, and I have yet been able to make it.

Here is the list of menus for next week, which may be mixed up with some of the "leftover" menus:

Monday: Chicken Stuffed with Bacon & Swiss Cheese, Couscous

Tuesday: Pork Tenderloin with Champagne Bueurre Sauce, Buttered Corn, Yeast Rolls

Wednesday: Roast Chicken, Creamed Spinach, Boiled Potatoes

Thursday: Chinese Chicken with Casahews, Calrose Rice, Cauliflower with Cheese'

Friday: Hamburgers, Potato Salad, Baked Beans, Strawberry/Banana Smoothies

And just so you all know---I am eating at least two bites of every vegetable I prepare. Last week, I ate two bites of asparagus. I had eaten asparagus only one time before, back in the late 1980s. (I had a boyfriend that loved it, and thought I would show him my devotion by trying it. I don't remember liking it then, and I certainly didn't like it this time, although I gave it my best shot. It was fresh asparagus roasted in the oven in tamari/olive oil, and sprinkled with freshly ground black pepper. At first, it reminded me of cabbage/brussel sprouts, but then it had this nasty aftertaste. Yuck!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts