Saturday, May 09, 2009

SCRAPBOOKING MI-5

This week’s questions have to do with scrapbooking---well, not really, but kindda. I sell scrapbooking stuff, and three times a year, Close to My Heart creates five new paper themes. Today’s questions have evolved from those five themes.

1. BACK COUNTRY – Tell us about your furthest excursion from “civilization”. How far away into the Back Country did you go? What did you miss most about civilization? Can you give us a tip about survival?

My first thought was going to Jonesport with Larry & Alice and Cappy & Donna. I don't think Jonesport even has a McDonalds, and we were down in the back woods at a hunting camp. No electricity. No running water. I think I stayed a couple of nights. There was an outhouse, and I just don't do well with outhouses. I tried to just go outside by "squatting", and I ended up peeing in my shoe. We still laugh about it.

2. MOON DOGGIE – This is a kind of a Hawaii/Surfing/Being Carefree/Relaxing kind of theme. Tell us about Hawaii, surfing, being carefree, or relaxing.

I've never been to Hawaii. I've never been surfing. I'm not too carefree. So, I guess that leaves me with relaxing. I really like to play games on the computer or DS to relax, and of course, scrapbooking provides a great deal of relaxation. Dwane is telling me quite a bit to "just relax", so I guess relaxation is not my strong suit either.

3. ANIMAL COOKIES – Tell us about your favorite snack food as a child. Is it still around to buy today?

I'm not sure you'd call it a snack, but just this week when I went to get groceries, I tried to find those little Freezer Queen turkey/gravy in a bag thingies. Remember?? You'd just put the pouch in boiling water, and then I would eat it on toast. I also loved the frozen Morton Jelly Doughnuts. Can't find those anymore either. As far as true snacking goes, I used to love to go to my grandmother's and raid her refrigerator of the previous night's leftovers. Cold cube steak. Cold meatloaf. Whatever I could find. I'm sure my grandmother will still let me raid her refrigerator.

4. TINKERIN’ – Do you like to tinker with things? Do you like to take things apart and put them back together again? What has been your biggest tinkerin’ project?

I like to tinker and play with scrapbook stuff, of course, but I don't think I'd consider myself a tinkerer. If something is broken, I'd just let Dwane fix it. (He can fix anything--just like my grandfather.) Both of my boys (especially Caleb) love to tinker. Caleb (who is 6) is currently trying to fix the riding lawn mower.

5. BELLA – This paper is very feminine. Bella is also the main character of the “Twilight” books, which are very popular right now. This question will take us from one extreme to the other---first, tell us about something (or someone) that is very “feminine” and then tell us something about “vampires”. Extra points if you can weave the two themes into one answer.

Obviously, I think of my niece, Miss Julia, when I think of feminine. As my house is full of boys, I get my occasional feminine fix by going up and down the "girly" toy aisle at Wal-Mart, thinking of Julia. Unfortunately, though, she's getting older, so she probably won't be interested in dolls and Barbies for much longer. Then I'll have to start wondering the hair/make-up aisles. (Don't tell Billy Rhythm.) I'm not going to try to connect Julia with vampires. Although, her father is quite obsessed with all things macabre. Is that close enough? (BTW, I'm 1/2-way through the first Twilight book. It's good, but not an obsession.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts