Friday, January 16, 2009

BILLY RHYTHM'S CHICKEN SOUP MI-5

Billy Rhythm says: This fiver is inspired by a bowl of my beloved wife's Chinese Chicken Noodle soup. Your answers need not be related to food.

1) Chicken. We Americans eat lots of chicken, yet we've bred them to have little flavor. What's something you do in your life that you do even though it has little flavor? That is, what is something you continue to do, though you receive little fulfillment for it?

The first thought in my head is disciplining my children. How I'd love to have my kids do something the first time I ask them to, instead of having to get to a point of escalated frustration. Tried the time outs. Tried the loss of privileges. Tried all that stuff. I continue to try to discipline, but seem to have little effect.

2) Noodles. Who invented them, the Chinese or the Italians? Tell us about your cultural heritage. Of what decent are you?

I've always called myself a "Mutt". A little bit of this. A little bit of that. I believe that I am mostly French, Welsch, Scottish, English, and American Indian (Apache). My ancestor was Quadequina, who brought popcorn to the first Thanksgiving. He was the brother of the chief of the Wampanoag tribe.

3) Green onions. When I was a kid, I didn't like onions. Now, I can't get enough of them. What's something you used to dislike, but now really like?

Like my brother, Billy Rhythm, I never liked onions, and now I do. I still don't like raw onions, and don't know that I ever will, but I can eat cooked onions on their own, or in just about anything. However, I do still prefer my meatloaf without onions. I'm also starting to like green pepper, and can now eat them on pizza and in chop suey.

4) Carrots. When I was a kid, I couldn't eat carrots. Now, I can eat them, but I don't really care for them too much. What's something you never cared for as a child that you still don't care for today?

Harvard Beets. I don't even like the smell of them. I haven't tried them as an adult, and I don't intend to try.

5) Broth. Without broth, you don't have soup. What's the thing that, if you didn't have it, would make you not be you?

My family, of course! I think that the care and nurture from my parents had a TON to do with who I am today. And now, I have children of my own to center my life around.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is a harvard beet different than a regular beet?

6:13 PM

 
Blogger Lisa said...

If I remember correctly, the "harvard" refers to the way the beets are prepared. They are sliced and served in some sort of vinegar-ized cream sauce. Nasty! (Although my mother LOVES them.)

8:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts