Tuesday, March 18, 2008

GUESS THE MOVIE

(Stolen from Amy's blog)

Behold, the rules:

* Pick fifteen of your favorite movies.
* Go to IMDB and find a quote from each movie.
* Post them on your blog for everyone to guess.
* Fill in the film title once it’s guessed.

This part is for the reader:

* No Googling or using IMDB search functions.
* Leave your answer(s) in the comments.

1. Me? I'm scared of everything. I'm scared of what I saw, I'm scared of what I did, of who I am, and most of all I'm scared of walking out of this room and never feeling the rest of my whole life the way I feel when I'm with you. ANSWER: Baby in "Dirty Dancing". Guessed correctly by Amy.

2. Robert, please. You don't understand, no-one does. When a woman makes the choice to marry, to have children; in one way her life begins but in another way it stops. You build a life of details. You become a mother, a wife and you stop and stay steady so that your children can move. And when they leave they take your life of details with them. And then you're expected move again only you don't remember what moves you because no-one has asked in so long. Not even yourself. You never in your life think that love like this can happen to you. ANSWER: Francesca in "The Bridges of Madison County". Guessed correctly by Beloved.

3. How did you know? How did you know I'd respond to you the way I have? ANSWER: Elizabeth in "9 1/2 Weeks". Guessed correctly by Alice.

4. I'm gonna treat you so nice, you're never gonna let me go.

5. Pink is my signature color. ANSWER: Shelby in "Steel Magnolias". Guessed correctly by Beloved.

6. Ditto. ANSWER: Sam Wheat in "Ghost". Guessed correctly by Beloved.

7. For a smart girl, you do stupid well.

8. I'm gonna turn the backseat into a dressing room so I can change into a proper outfit for Madame, OK?

9. Brian, there is no "us." There's too many things about "us" that don't work. ANSWR: Jordan in "Cocktail". Guessed correctly by Billy Rhythm.

10. Daddy, did you get loved enough?

11. Dear Lord, we ask that you bless this food to the nourishment of our bodies. And we ask forgiveness, Lord, for the fornication that Mr. Sprock and me committed this morning on this very table. ANSWER: Thelma "Sister" Husband in "Where the Heart Is". Guessed correctly by Beloved.

12. What kind of knight in shining armor would I be if the man I love needs rescuing and I just let him walk out my door?

13. Can I have one last first kiss? ANSWER: Lucy in "Fifty First Dates". Guessed correctly by Beloved.

14. After all... I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her. ANSWER: Anna Scott in "Notting Hill". Guessed correctly by Amy.

15. Buddy, I hate to break it to you, but in the real world... where I live... there're only two kinds of love stories. Boy loses girl and girl loses boy. That's all there is. Somebody always gets left behind. You try to avoid that, you'll end up an old man toastin' yourself with egg nog in the mirror on Christmas Eve. You'll end up dying in your own arms.

4 Comments:

Blogger Beloved said...

SPOILER: Here are my guesses-
1. Cocktail
2. Bridges of Madison County
5. Steel Magnolias
6. Ghost
11. Where the Heart Is
13. 50 1st Dates
14. Pretty Woman
15. When Harry Met Sally

5:00 PM

 
Blogger Beloved said...

I just went & looked up the answers, & I cannot believe how wrong I was! Most of them I am kicking myself, because I have seen the movies! I have not seen #7 or 12.

5:17 PM

 
Blogger Billy Rhythm said...

Ooh, ooh, I know, well, I know ONE! #9 is Cocktail.

8:43 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hee I know two of them :)

1 is DIRTY DANCING...I LOVE THAT MOVIE

and

14 is Notting Hill Another great movie...

2:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts