Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A BABY! A BABY!

No, no, no. I'm not having a baby. How could you even think that? I'm almost 40 (less than 4 months away). I've had a premature birth. I've got high blood pressure. I'm not having any more babies. BUT---my cousin Sizzle is!!!! I am soooo excited!!! Sizzle and Big Guns will be absolutely fantastic parents, and it is so good to have good news! They are moving into a new house, and finding out they'll be parents, all in the same week! How's that for an exciting week? Eben said, "That means I'm going to be a...I'm going to be a...I'm going to be a what, Mom?" "You're going to be a cousin," I answered. "Oh. That's all?" I think he was hoping he was going to be an uncle. Then a conversation ensued between Eben and Dwane about how could Sizzle be having a baby in October, when it took nine months. Eben couldn't get the "six months along" through his head. It became quite the biology lesson, and I thought the dialogue between Eben and Dwane was quite cute.

In comparison, I have pretty much zero news. I went to Bible Study last night, and Eben went to his book club at the library. His book club consists of three boys and three male mentors. Last month, they read "My Side of the Mountain", and they are now beginning "Danny, the Champion of the World" by Roald Dahl. Eben and I read these books together, spending a little time each morning reading together. I really enjoyed "My Side of the Mountain", which is very similar to the "Hatchet" series that I love so much. I think "Danny" will be pretty good too, although we're only 2 chapters in so far.

We watched American Idol last night. My favorites from last night were David Archelota (I know I killed the spelling of his last name), Chickeze, and the guy who sang, "Papa Was a Rolling Stone". There others were just kind of bland to me.

It seemed I spent all of my morning on the phone. I spoke with Anita for an hour, to my friend Kerry for 30 minutes, to my Mom for 20 minutes, and then had several more calls from Anita, several from Alice, several from Dwane.

This afternoon I watched the verdicts from the Bobby Cutts murder trial. While he was found guilty, he was only given life with possibility of parole after 34 years. This guy murdered his girlfriend who was 9 months pregnant with their daughter, Chloe. I watched some of the trial, and I have never seen such bad acting and artificial tears in all my life. I can't imagine that his attorneys would even put him on the stand. I certainly wouldn't have. I think he was given a great deal of mercy.

I had my normal popcorn and soda for a snack this afternoon, and I'm currently listening to Caleb say, "I'm so starbing."

I just got off the phone with my Mom, and now I'm talking to Alice, so I guess it's a good time to quit...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts