Thursday, January 22, 2009

THE FIRST LINE MI-5

It was my job to create the MI-5 for this week. The task is to write the first line of any five books, but not to list the title or the author. I am to encourage you to post a comment!!! Do not try to guess the title or the author, but let me know whether or not you would read the book based upon the first line. Or, let me know that you think you know the title or author, but just don't post the answer here. Next week, I'll add that information to this post. Here goes:

1. There are songs that come free from the blue-eyed grass, from the dust of a thousand country roads. - THE BRIDGES OF MADISON COUNTY BY ROBERT JAMES WALLER. I read this book when it first came out, and I've read it only once since. It made me cry (no, sob) both times I read it, so I probably won't ever read it again. It is one of my all-time favorite books, though.

2. It all began with the Aurochs. - THE PARADISE WAR: SONG OF ALBION, BY STEPHEN R. LAWHEAD. I really don't have any idea about this book. It was just laying around. I think I picked it up at some second-hand sale or something for $.10. I've never read it, and I doubt I ever will. (The first line certainly doesn't interest me in reading more!! What the heck are Aurochs???)

3. Mary Poppins has always been my hero. - THE HOUSE THAT CLEANS ITSELF, BY MINDY STARNS CLARK. This was a birthday gift from Beloved last year. I still haven't read it, but I really need to.

4. The part should've been easy to cast. - FAME, BY KAREN KINGSBURY. This is the book I am currently reading. It is from a series of books about the Baxter Family. It's an awesome series, and I wish I could get through it faster. It's not for lack of wanting to. It just seems that the only time I get to read is in the bathroom, so this book has a very special place there.

5. "Where's Mama and Poppy?" - AN IRISH BRIDE FOR CHRISTMAS, BY VICKIE MCDONOUGH. This was the first story in a four-story collection of a book entitled "A BRIDE BY CHRISTMAS". It was the last book I read, and I loved each of the four stories.

7 Comments:

Blogger Billy Rhythm said...

I don't recognize any of them. I have an idea about #1, but only because I know some books you like, and one particular set I think you wouldn't let go by without being represented. What I'm thinking of would best be expressed in #1, but I'll have to wait! Or maybe you'll tell me Sunday! ;-)

8:06 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't have any idea which these are...however 1 4 and 5 sound interesting I will say that. Good MI-5 idea!

12:06 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1st of all - What a groovy I idea I am glad you came up with it!!!

2nd, I have no clue what books these lines came from but #3 makes me think a certain TV icon that is most famous for her naughty chair

~Melanie/ImKukie

p.s. its inspired an idea for a future MI5 let me know if no one claims next weeks

4:02 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I haven't a clue about any of these.

6:57 PM

 
Blogger Beloved said...

I think I know #3 & #4 sounds familiar, but can't place it.

9:17 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's been fun trying to figure out what these lines could possibly be from. But, alas, I recognize none.

Number 4 might be an interesting read. Hard to tell...


-aza-

2:16 PM

 
Blogger Billy Rhythm said...

Well, now the answers are up. I thought #1 might be from the Laura Ingalls Wilder books. I've never read any of them.

11:24 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts