Tuesday, July 22, 2008

BELOVED'S BIRTHDAY MI-5

I am answering the MI-5 really early this week--I will be in Boston at the end of the week.

Beloved says: "This week we will be celebrating all 3 of our children's July birthday's, so that is the inspiration for this week's questions."

1. What is your most vivid childhood birthday memory?

I'm not sure that I have any that really stand out big time. I remember the time I got my 10-speed bicycle, the time I got the Barbie Town House (I think that was a birthday), and the time Mom made me this cake that had like 7 layers to it--each one a different color. The inside was absolutely beautiful. And, of course, the outsides of all of my cakes were beautiful--my Mom is very talented!

2. What is your most favorite adult birthday moment?

As an adult, birthdays don't really mean a whole lot to me. This year, my 40th, was a fun one--Dwane took me to Augusta shopping, and I pretty much got to buy whatever I wanted. (I didn't go overboard--it's hard for me to spend money on myself.) He also bought me my pink Nintendo DS, which is one of my new best friends.

3. Does any gift that you've ever received for a birthday stand out?

The amethyst ring that my Aunt Ginny gave me on my 13th birhday really stands out. My Dad had bought it for her on her 13th birthday. I wore that ring all through high school, and pretty much up until I got married and needed the finger for wedding rings. That ring is still one of my treasures, especially now that my Dad is not physically here.

4. Did you ever have a theme birthday as a child? If so, what was your favorite?

I don't remember having a "theme" birthday. I remember helping my Mom plan one for Billy Rhythm. I remember designing a "pin the bone on the skeleton" type of game. He liked that macabre stuff even then. Now, I love planning theme birthdays for my kids. We've done Thomas the Tank Engine, Star Wars, Bob the Builder, Lightning McQueen, Nascar (of course), and most recently, Basketball. And, I also insist on decorating the birthday cakes, just like my Mom always did. (Of course, hers always looked way better.)

5. Talk about a birthday milestone (e.g. 16, 21, 40, etc).

Ok. Ok. I might as well tell you my 21st birthday bar story. I didn't go to a bar on my actual birthday, but my then boyfriend took me about a month or two after. I was so excited to go--I got to pull out my license, show it to the bouncer, and get carded. I felt like an adult, I felt rebellious, and I thought it was kindda cool! Once I got inside, it was loud, dark, smokey, and I wondered why everyone wanted to go to the bars. I ordered my first drink: a Tequila Sunrise. (Which I ordered only because I thought it was pretty.) I think I had maybe 2 sips. It was disgusting. We left shortly thereafter, stopped at a grocery store, and bought my first pint of chocolate Haagan-Daas ice cream. That was way better than any Tequila Sunrise!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts