Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Oh my goodness! It's been a week since I've posted something. My arm is still a little sore, but it is getting better, so I'll see how much I can type before it starts screaming at me again.

Dwane spent the weekend working at the Nascar race in New Hampshire. Unfortunately, we didn't get to go with him, but that was actually good, as Eben ended up with a touch of the flu over the weekend. Dwane had a really good time, although he says he really missed us. He was able to see the Busch race on Saturday, and the last 2/3 of the Cup race on Sunday. What was really cool is that our favorite drivers placed #1 (Tony Stewart) and #3 (Bobby Labonte). Dwane said he got some great pictures. Can't wait until they come back.

Today Eben is volunteering at the Knox Center for Long Term Care with his grandmother and Great-Aunt Ruth. The conduct Bingo for the residents. Eben either calls the numbers, or helps Justine place her markers on the card. I'll pick him and Ma up at 11:00, and then we're going for lunch.

Tomorrow Eben turns 8. I can't believe it! I'm going to pick up one last gift for him at Toys R Us in Portland tomorrow. We are going to take my Dad to his radiation treatment in Bath, and then my brother needs to get his medicine in Portland. It's the perfect opportunity to get that one toy he "just can't live without." I'm trying to figure a way to "hide it" until I get home so that Dwane will be able to see his face when he opens it. It's quite large in size, so I'm not sure that I'll be successful.

Dwane's sister, Dawn, and her husband, Dennis, and his daughter, Erica, are visiting from Virginia. They will be arriving at our house tomorrow night. After Eben's dentist appointment on Thursday morning, we're headed to Bar Harbor. We plan to spend Thursday afternoon/evening exploring the "downtown", and we'll be staying at Eden Village Resort. It got great reviews, but at $89 a night, I'm just a little nervous. ($89 is a bargain in Bar Harbor this time of year!) Anyway--they have a private pond that is stocked with Bass for fishing, and free paddle boats. They also have a nature trail and a playground. Should be fun. We hope to spend most of the day Friday at Acadia National Park.

On Saturday we'll be having Eben's birthday party. I'll be baking and decorating cakes in the morning, and I think Dwane and Eben will be playing "lighthouse tourguides" while I'm being domestic. Since Dennis and Erica (about 12 yo) have always lived in central Virginia, I'm sure that they would really get a quick walking out on the Breakwater. If there's time, they'll also try to take in Owls Head and Marshall Point.

Caleb has finally come up with a name for Eben. Bobo. I really didn't want him to use "Bubba", but since he wasn't saying anything for Eben, I thought I'd give in and try it. When I pointed to Eben and said "Bubba", Caleb responded "Bobo". And, it's stuck.

Speaking of Caleb, he has just toddled out of bed, so I'll stop for now. I may not get a chance to post again until this weekend, but we'll see...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts