Wednesday, July 06, 2005

We had a really fun 4th of July. We went to the parade in Thomaston, had a cookout at my grandmother's courtesy of Ma, Aunt Ginny, and Sarah, and then took in the fireworks that night. We watched the fireworks from the Shepard Car Lot next to Dormans, as Eben doesn't like loud noises. We had a great view.

Yesterday Dwane was able to get out of work at 12:30, so we decided to head for Portland to look for cookware. (My T-fal set was starting to flake the non-stick surface.) We looked at Bed Bath & Beyond, Linens & Things, Target, Sam's Club and Kohl's, and after all that, I ended up with a set from QVC. It is a hard-anondized set (probably didn't spell that correctly), probably most similar to Calphalon, but with a much nicer price. Can't wait to try it out. Although it was a long day (didn't get home until 10:30 PM), we had a good time.

On our way to Portland, Caleb fell asleep, and during his nap he coughed several times. You know--one of those coughs that says "oh, no--that didn't sound good." He's been sneezing quite a bit this morning, but he's acting like he feels fine. No fever. Could be allergies. Could be cutting teeth. Could be a cold. I'll just keep an eye on him.

Oh--while I was in Portland, you will never guess what I bought! I mean, you will NEVER guess. Ok--here goes. I bought a DVD. A DVD called "Carmen Electra's Aerobic Striptease!" Oh my goodness--I can't believe I just told you that. Anyway, I tried it this morning, with just Caleb watching. He would look at Carmen Electra, look at me, and then laugh right out loud, as if he was saying "Mom, you REALLY need A LOT of practice!" Anyway--it was a really good workout. And it didn't seem like exercise. For me, if it feels like exercise, I don't like it, and I won't do it. I'm glad I tried this one out. Maybe Dwane will like it, too! (Blush!) Oh--just so you know--the DVD isn't X-rated or anything. The 3 girls are fully clothed, and the music isn't "nasty". I guess you could say that it's "as clean as a striptease can get!"

Guess I better end this post right here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts