Friday, July 08, 2005

Each Friday, my brother posts the "MI-5" on his blog. MI-5 is a series of 5 questions that usually relate in someway. (I think the MI stands for "Midcoast Internet".) Anyway, here are his questions for this Friday. They are all blues related, as this is Blues Festival Weekend in Rockland. I've put my own answers under the questions. To see what my brother answered, you'll need to go to www.billyrhythm.com/traa.

1) You've got the blues, and you want to keep 'em going. What album do
you play on your jukebox?

My first thought was "The Best of Van Morrison". There are also tons of country tunes that are good for blues too, but I can't think of a complete album. Some songs I can think of include Miranda Lambert's "Greyhound Bound for Nowhere" and "Bring Me Down" (her current single). The Judds have some great blues tunes, too. ("John Deere Tractor" is a good one for the blues.)

2) You've got the blues, and you want to get rid of them! What album
now?

Without a doubt, Praise and Worship Music or the Wow Compilations (mix of contemporary Christian hits). Faith and hope in Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to truly get rid of the blues. Apart from Christian music, I'd probably say Shania Twain. (Now that's a contrast, isn't it?)

3) You shuffle into a BBQ joint. They've got every type of
grilled/smoked/BBQ'd whatever you could want. What do you order?

I don't really care for BBQ, but I think I'd go with pulled pork. (I also like thick-cut London Broil with just a touch of barbeque sauce. I'd definitely order that instead if it was on the menu.) Corn on the Cob. French fries. Diet soda.

4) You've got to make it to Austin to see your baby/honey. Take your
pick: train, Greyhound Bus, hitch-hike. How you gonna get there?
Explain.

Well, a plane would get me there the quickest. If I wanted to keep with the blues theme, I'd go Greyhound. (See above reference to Miranda Lambert.) The Greyhound also brings to mind Julia Roberts in "Sleeping with the Enemy".

5) Share your favorite blues name with us! Here's the recipe: Start
with an infirmity, add a fruit, and top off with the last name of a
dead president. Example? Blind Berry Filmore! What did you come up with?

Crippled Kiwi Washington.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

Previous Posts